NSRF Partnership Agreement (PA) 2014-2020
The PA (Partnership Agreement for the Development Framework) 2014-2020 constitutes the main strategic plan for growth in Greece with the contribution of significant resources originating from the European Structural and Investment Funds (ESIF) of the European Union. The PA, through its implementation, seeks to tackle the structural weaknesses in Greece that contributed to the economic crisis, as well as other economic and social problems caused by it. Moreover, the PA 2014-2020 is called upon to help attain the national targets within the Europe 2020 Strategy.
Europe 2020 puts forward three mutually reinforcing priorities:
- Smart growth: developing an economy based on knowledge and innovation.
- Sustainable growth: promoting a more resource efficient, greener and more competitive economy.
- Inclusive growth: fostering a high-employment economy delivering social and territorial cohesion.
The objectives of the European Structural and Investment Funds of the European Union, which co-finance the Partnership Agreement (PA) 2014-2020, are implemented through Operational Programmes.
The Operational Programmes are multiannual programs that are effective throughout the programming period 2014-2020 and are related to sectors and/or geographic regions at international, national or local level.
The architecture of the PA 2014-2020 includes:
- Seven (7) (including programmes for Rural Development and Fisheries) covering one or more sectors and whose geographic scope and implementation applies across the country
- Thirteen (13) (ROP), one for each of the 13 administrative regions of the country, including regional-scale activities.
Moreover, Greece participates in European Territorial Cooperation programmes,, that is, they are held in cooperation with the countries bordering Greece.
These programmes were drawn up by the competent authorities of the country, in cooperation and consultation with the socio-economic partners and were approved by the European Commission. Each programme includes strategic priorities and indicative actions that shape its contribution to the achievement of the PA objectives and therefore the implementation of the EU strategy for smart, sustainable and inclusive growth.